RSS

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Last Christmas

Last Christmas, I gave him my heart
The very next day, he gave it away (it actually took 6 months but still)
This year to save me from tears
I will give it to someone special (already did and FAILED)

My God, I thought he was someone to rely on
Me? I guess I was a shoulder to cry on (about his fiancee - wtf was I thinking)

Last Christmas
This year won't be anything like, anything like
Last Christmas.



It was only a year ago...feels like at least 5. And to think I thought I was in love with this farm boy for the past 6 years. Last Christmas gave me the gift of closure and reality. Painful but now much appreciated. I still hope he has a shitty Christmas this year.

As for me?

Hey, maybe I'll learn to sew
Maybe I'll just lie low
Maybe I'll hit the bars
Maybe I'll count the stars until dawn
Me, I will go on

Lord, it's like a hard candy Christmas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment